The One-day workshop begins from the premise that most of us know something about mental health and mental illness and how work can affect us. This course will enable the learner to go to the next step of understanding, what at work can affect our mental health.
Evidence-based and relating to safety in the workplace, this course will enable the learner to assess, control and review those control measures implemented for the psychosocial hazards in the workplace. The course demonstrates the application of risk-management principles to the identification & management of psychosocial risk.
By the completion of the course, you will understand what mental health and mental illness is, how to set up a process to assist in identifying psychosocial hazards within the workplace and what controls are available to minnimise these hazards.
- You will gain an understanding of what mental health and mental illness is.
- You will learn how to set up a process to assist in identifying psychosocial hazards within the workplace.
- You will learn about the process of risk assessing those identified hazards and implementing controls to those hazards.
- You will gain an understanding of how important work re-design is for someone who has suffered mental trauma.
- You will learn about stigma and the role it plays in hindering people’s ability to successfully recover from psychological trauma and how to address stigma in the workplace.
Who Should Attend
The course is ideally suited to Human Resources professionals, managers, supervisors, safety professionals, and those practitioners and professionals that are looking for an initial grounding in psychosocial risk.
Date: Monday 11th March, 2024
Time: 8:30am to 5:00pm AWST
Location: Vocational Training Services, 2 Mackie Street, Victoria Park, WA 6100
Cost: Member $275 (incl. GST) | Non Member $385 (incl. GST)
Format: Face to Face Training
*Coffee & Tea, Morning Tea and a light lunch will be provided*
To register for this program, click HERE. This Learning is endorsed by the Australian Institute of Health & Safety and all registrations are submitted direct with the program provider.
*Certified Members can register CPD Points for this program by logging into their Member Account. CPD is not awarded automatically for this program as it is run by an external provider.